From the moment he could hold a pencil, Alain has been drawing cars. His early obsession with transport design influenced his choice of subjects at school, helping to cement a pathway towards a product design degree in Auckland, and then post-graduate transport design studies in Germany. With his studies complete and a Master of Transportation Design firmly under his belt, Alain launched into the European freelance design market. His holistic view of design has allowed him to operate at every level of the product creation process, from raw concept through to prototype production data.
While many of his projects have involved forms of transportation, Alain has naturally segued into the world of industrial design. His current portfolio displays an extraordinary versatility within the broader product and industrial design field.
- Creative brainstorming
- Design strategy
- Hand-drawn sketching and illustration
- Digital and marker renderings
- Technical and aesthetic concept refinement
- CAD: Class-A Freeform surface modelling (Autodesk Alias)
- CNC and 3D printing data preparation
- 2015 Global industrial design consultant based in Auckland New Zealand, working for local and international clients.
- 13-14 Industrial Design consultant based in Bolzano, Italy. Working with European clients for the design of sports and healthcare products
- 09-12 Designer at Designwerk GmbH, Switzerland. Specialisation in electric vehicle design, along with various projects in product design.
- 08 Internship at Audi AG Ingolstadt, Design Strategy. Exterior design and design strategy for the A, Q and R families.
- 06-08 Master of Transportation Design, University of Applied Science in Pforzheim, Germany
- 04-06 Freelance Designer in Auckland, New Zealand. Product design and Boat design
- 04 Semester Abroad in Diploma of Industrial Design, Fachhochschule Aargau, Switzerland
- 01-04 Bachelor of Product Design, Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand